NNPC/Total Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018
Annually, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), together with their venture partners, award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country.
The programme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the many ways TOTAL demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. It is a part of NNPC/TOTAL’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility.
This scholarship scheme has been successfully carried out over the years. The 2017/2018 is due and this web portal is dedicated to receiving applications from eligible Nigerian undergraduates.
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from the oil industry need not apply.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can start application process here, and follow the procedures below;
- Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
- Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
- Review Application: Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered.
- Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
- Conclusion: Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
Criteria/Rules for Award:
- The CSR-Education Department, TUCN implements the National Merit Scholarship program in line with approved Procedure.
- The National Merit Scholarship Award Scheme is an educational assistance for undergraduate students in recognized Nigeria universities.
- All matriculated undergraduate regular students in their first or second year of study in recognized Nigerian universities are eligible to apply for the scholarship tests.
- All candidates must supply their matriculation numbers and other relevant information from their Universities to be eligible for the award.
- No scholarship is awarded to students on part time/sandwich programs.
- The award is made to only those who are not holding similar scholarships from the industry.
- The award is based on the result of a selection test to be administered by a National Examination body (WAEC or its equivalent).
- The award is effective for the current session of award but renewable for the remaining duration of the students’ program.
- The award is only renewable upon the presentation of academic performance of a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on a 5 point scale or equivalent (e.g 50% of a 4 or 7 point scale), obtained in the previous academic session.
- All awardees shall open an account in a Nigerian bank in their own name through which the scholarship payments shall be made. No awardee shall be paid in cash.
The following amount shall apply to the National Merit Scholarships Scheme
|S/N||Scholarship Level||Amount (N)|
|1||Tertiary Student||N150,000 per Student per Academic Year|
- This scholarship scheme application is best used on the following web browsers: IE9+, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Ensure that you have entered all details correctly. You understand that making a false statement on this application will disqualify you from this scholarship scheme. Your scholarship if you are successful, will be withdrawn, if at any time it is discovered that you have given false statements on this application. And such false statements may constitute fraudulent activity.
For more Scholarships, go to studentinfoportal.com/scholarships