Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
- an international student
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2017
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered)
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2018 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Deadline to Apply
School Nomination deadline: November 30th, 2017; Student Application deadline: January 15th, 2018.
For more Scholarships, go to studentinfoportal.com/scholarships