Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2017
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2018-2019 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2018 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply here.
The application for the 2018-2019 Scholars Program is now open and will close December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm GMT.
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply. For questions, please email WTMScholars@google.com.
For more information about this scholarship, go to the Official Scholarship Webpage.
For more Scholarships, go to studentinfoportal.com/scholarships