TUBITAK Research Fellowship Programme 2017
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Who Can Apply
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- PhD students who certify they are successful in the PhD thesis examination within the deadline of the application process and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
All applicants must register in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS), designed and developed by TÜBİTAK from the following link https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home.jsf After this stage, applicants must submit their applications electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal, which can be reached at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/.
All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete application process, applicants must approve their applications until 17.30 p.m. (local time) on the application deadline. After closing of system it is not possible to submit any documents or change any information.
Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed.
All required documents must be uploaded electronically. The documents which are sent by post/e-mail will not be processed. Applications, lacking any of the required documents will not be evaluated.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who are deserved to be supported must send the original versions and certified/notarized copies of required documents in order to be able to use their fellowships.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- Application form (This form is produced automatically by online application system after having confirmed your application. It should be print out and signed. If your application is accepted, you should send it with other application documents to TÜBİTAK.),
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the applicant (Template in the program website must be used. CV in other formats is not accepted.),
- Research proposal (Template in the program web site must be used. Research proposal in other formats is not accepted. This document must be signed by the applicant and the scientist in charge/host advisor in Turkey),
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey (The acceptance letter must be signed by highest authority of the institution. Highest authority: rector or vice rector in universities; director/vice director in research institutes. Signed letter should be upload in the system.),
- A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/host advisor in Turkey (This letter must include the views of the scientist in charge/host advisor in Turkey about the proposed research. The signed letter should be upload in the system.),
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey,
- Language certificate (This certificate should indicate the language which will be used in the proposed research. It could be an international language certificate, an official document from the home university, in which the medium of instruction is the language using in the proposed research or a signed letter from the host advisor about the language proficiency of the applicant.),
- BSc and MSc (A transcript is an official record of a student’s academic work, including a list of courses taken, grades received, and credits awarded. Transcripts should be in languages only Turkish and English. Otherwise you must upload a certified/notarized copies(documents with wet signature) of these documents which are translated into one of the specified languages.),
- Original or certified/notarized copies of the Student certificate for PhD students (This certificate must be taken in the last three months. Applicants who are deserved to be supported must update this document according to the starting date of their research.),
- Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution for the applicants who is currently working (No objection certificate from the home institution),
- Certified/notarized copy of PhD Diploma for post-doctoral applicants, (The copies of the diploma should be in languages only Turkish or English. Otherwise you must upload a certified/notarized copies (documents with wet signature) of these documents which are translated into one of the specified languages.),
- Copy of passport (pages of personal information),
- Two letters of recommendation except for the letters taken from the scientist in charge/host advisor in Turkey (The letters must take must be originally signed.),
- Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution (if required) (This document is not obligatory for application. However, if required, the fellow must have an approval report of Ethics Committee to start his/her research.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the application forms below;
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2017 are:
|First Term||: March 06, 2017 – April 07, 2017|
|Second Term||: September 05, 2017 – October 06, 2017|
For more information, go to the Official Scholarship Webpage.
For more Opportunities, go to studentinfoportal.com/opportunities