Kwese #GoGettaz Competition 2017 ($100,000 Prize)
We are so excited you have decided to take part in our inaugural Kwesé #GoGettaz competition!
Who are #GoGettaz?
You are everywhere and anywhere — entrepreneurs of all ages, small business people aspiring to the stars, inventors, innovators, creators… You are someone imagining an amazing future for the African continent and BEYOND! You are the future! To take part in this contest, you must be older than the age of the majority in your country (an adult) and you must not be a friend or family of anyone in Kwesé or the Econet Global family of companies. We will choose two winners, one man and one woman.
Who is Kwesé?
We are Africa’s newest, fastest-growing, most dynamic entertainment company, providing our viewers all across the African continent with affordable, premium content via Pay TV, Free-to-Air TV and Digital. Right now we have 60+ channels and broadcast exclusive content and sports across the African continent!
What is Kwesé Inc?
Kwesé Inc is one of our homegrown television channels, designed just for African entrepreneurs and includes world-class programs like Shark Tank, The Profit, Shift Africa, and many, many more. Winners of the #GoGettaz competition will be featured on Kwesé Inc!
What is the Kwesé #GoGettaz contest all about?
This competition is open to people from anywhere in the world. It aims to give an opportunity to entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs to compete in four quizzes which then qualify you to pitch to win a $100,000 investment into your business or not-for-profit organization, and spend two weeks interacting and working as Kwesé Entrepreneur Fellows with Mr Strive Masiyiwa and his team at Kwesé offices in Johannesburg, South Africa.
How to participate (STAGE 1 – qualifying round)
- The first of four quizzes was posted on Friday 18 August at noon (12pm), Central African Time and is LIVE NOW.
- We have decided to extend the first quiz deadline for one additional week.
- The second quiz will be posted on 1 September at noon (12 pm) Central African Time. The last contest will be posted on Friday, 15 September and close on 22 September.
- Note: each quiz will close when the next one opens and you need to complete all 4 contests to qualify for Stage 2 selection.
- You can (and should!) refer to the relevant Kwesé sites or Apps in the process of researching answers and completing the quizzes.
- You can take as long as you need to complete each quiz, but the faster you are at each one, the better your chances of making it to the top 10.
- Note that you can only complete each quiz once, and only the person who completed it will be eligible to take part in Stage Two of the competition.
- If any of the rules of the competition are disregarded, you and anyone else associated with your business or non-profit will be immediately disqualified.
- By entering your details below, and completing the quiz, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please carefully read them by clicking on the Rules link at the bottom of this page.
Please take note of the following
- The importance of research and doing your homework. Only contestants who take a close look at our Kwesé websites and apps, and have studied Mr Strive Masyiwa’s Facebook posts, will be able to answer all the questions correctly.
- Attention to detail. Please remember: you must complete all FOUR quizzes in Stage One to be eligible to win one of the two $100,000 grand prizes. If you miss competing in even one quiz, you won’t be eligible to move to Stage Two. Carefully read and agree to the Terms and Conditions before you get started on the first quiz.
- The 3Ps: Product. Process. People. If you become one of our Kwesé Entrepreneur Fellows this year, you’ll have full exposure to learning about Kwesé Products; the Processes we have built for our customers throughout Africa to enjoy our amazing premium and exclusive content; and, to meet the talented, visionary People on our team.
- How to pitch to investors. Only 10 finalists will win the opportunity to pitch their business or not-for-profit organization (either for-profit or not-for-profit) via 2-3 minute video. We will provide more information about Stage 2 of the competition in due course.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply here.
For more information, go to the official opportunity webpage.
For more Opportunities, go to studentinfoportal.com/opportunities