Dell EMC Graduation Project Competition 2018
About the Competition
Dell EMC has launched the annual graduation project competition for senior undergraduate students from universities in Turkey, Middle East and Africa who are enrolled in the Dell EMC External research and Academic Alliance Program. The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
Eligibility and participation criteria
- Students who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any of the Dell EMC External Research and Academic Alliance in the Turkey, Middle East and Africa region.
- Students should have a faculty member as their official academic advisor and mentor.
- Students should have a strong academic standing, validated by the Head of their Department.
- The correctness of the information provided by the students should be validated by the official signature and stamp of the Dean of their college/institute.
- No students should be listed in more than one project.
- At the time of submission, all the members of student teams should not be full time employees of any organization whatsoever, whether it is private, public, or non-governmental.
1. Proposal submission: Participating teams should submit a summary which contains:
- Project Title
- General Topic/Problem statement
- Project Description
- Proposed Approach/Methodology
2. Final Submission: Shortlisted teams will need to complete the project and submit a final report, which contains:
- Project Title and Code
- Table of Contents
- Introduction and Executive Summary
- System Description
- Needs Assessment/ System Requirements
- Initial Systems Specification (external design document)
- Final Specifications (finalized internal design document)
- System Diagrams – Detail all interfaces between the environment and the components
- Hardware Architecture Diagrams (if applicable)
- Software Architecture Diagrams
- Economical, technical and logistical constraints
- Implementation Details
- Hardware (if applicable)
- Software (if applicable)
- Algorithmic components (if applicable)
- User Interfaces (if applicable)
- Testing and Evaluation
- Process used for testing and evaluating your technical implementation, field deployment, etc.
- Analysis of Results (as applicable)
- Societal impact of project, including legal and ethical considerations.
- Recommendations for Future Work (for example, ideas that can enhance and/or complement your implementation, complete your vision, etc.)
Submitted projects will be evaluated on the basis of: Project innovation
- Design approach
- Generated prototype
- Written report
- Oral presentation via Video Conference
- Submission Details
- All submissions should be made online
- Only registered teams will be provided with the contest updates. They will receive instructions regarding their entries via email
- All of the submitted material, along with any written or oral presentations should be provided in English.
- The submission of the final report will be accepted in PDF format only.
- Presentation deliverables should consist of a technical report.
- Only Arial or Times Roman font in point 11 size is allowed.
- A separate PowerPoint presentation should be submitted to the evaluation team three days prior to the video conference. During the video conference each team will run the demo of their prototype, at this point the source code is not required among the other deliverables.
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
All the team will get recognition certificates for their achievement. In addition to in-kind gift for the academic supervisor
A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell EMC events in the region. All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony along with senior officials from their university/college.
Details and Submission Deadlines:
Project Abstract Submission – 1st November till 15th of December
Announcement of Shortlisted Projects 1st February
Project Design Layout Submission 06th of April 2017
Final Project Submission 15-25 July
The Winners Announcement – 4th September
Determination of Winners:
All the documents submitted to the competition are blindly reviewed and evaluated by international professors and experts who reside outside the region. Each document is reviewed by at least two different evaluators.
How to participate
Students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related to the advancement of technology and applications related to the following focus areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality (VAR)
- Secure Systems
Submit your entry
Participating teams should submit their Projects Abstracts in PDF format containing the following information:
- What is the main problem that you are solving?
- What is the importance of this problem?
- What are the current solutions?
- How will your solution solve the problem? What is new?
- What is the expected impact of your solution from various perspectives (social, commercial, environmental, etc)?
- Give a high level functional description of your solution. How will it be used?
- Give a high level technical description of your solution: architecture, technology, integration, innovative components, etc.
- Give a high level description of your solution development environment, platform, tools, etc.
- How will you manage your product development cycle, your quality assurance process, your solution deployment logistics, etc?
- Give the most relevant plans that you have developed for your project (for example, time schedule, resource plan, training plan, risk management, contingency plan, etc.)
The submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria: Relevance, originality, significance and expected contributions and impact. The shortlisted projects and teams will be notified to proceed to the next phase of Project Design Layout Submission followed by Final Project Submission for the selection of the winners.
Carefully review the entry requirements one more time before submitting your abstract then click APPLY NOW to complete your submission form.
The deadline for submitting Project Abstracts is 15th December 2018 and the winner’s final announcement will be on 4th September 2017.
For more Opportunities, go to studentinfoportal.com/opportunities